Sunday, March 15, 2015

Game On

Hi Friends and Stampers,

Welcome! The Loves Rubberstamps Design Team has created some gorgeous projects for your Inspiration today. Check out each link and leave a comment. If you get lost along the way, each stop will have a full list of links. One of the Design Team posts is the hop's Sensational Sunday Sweet Spot and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to be in a monthly drawing for a $20 Loves Rubberstamps Gift Voucher! We will draw the winner of the Voucher the 1st Sunday of each month from all the comments left on the design team blogs. Remember, you have until 8:00 pm CST Saturday to leave your comments.

I have joined the Loves Rubberstamps Design Team today for the Inspirational Sunday Blog Hop.  For your inspiration today, I have brought out my Game Controller Dies and Level Up stamps that go with this die.


Oh this was so fun to use!  I do have to say that I saw this paper on another crafter on Facebook and I was thinking it was perfect to use with this die.  I was wishing I had some of it.  I even looked up on line to see where I could get some, but then that passed by.   Well, I was going through my "boy" like papers and I actually had this paper pad! lol.   Oh I am so bad, you have no idea, lol.  

I had to borrow my hubby's controller because you know, it's never good unless it comes really close. I think I did pretty good. 



What do you think?  I had to handle the controller very carefully, lol, these toys are expensive too.  

I was so thrilled I had my spellbinders tool. 

SPELLBINDERS TOOL 'N ONE from Spellbinders

The dies are very intricate and I love having this tool around. 

New! DIE-NAMICS GAME CONTROLLER DIE SET from My Favorite Things MFT Stamps

I used the larger of the dies.  And I cut it out twice and popped one layer over the other using foam pads.  I also used pieces of foam pads for the joy sticks to give them some extra dimension.  

I hope you are enjoying your Sunday!  I have to work today, but I had some days off in the week to make this :)  I hope you  have a chance to play in our Current Challenge and that you take a minute to check out the New Items in the store. 

Now go check out what my fellow designers have made for you today. 


Holly

Playing in this weeks MFT Card Challenge. 

17 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very clever design, love it, it's perfect for a gamer!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a fab card - perfect for a gamer.
Caroline xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A perfect card for a boy! Beautiful!

Lisa said...

This is so fun!! It does look just like the real one - you did a fabulous job!! The papers are fun, too!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

VanessaB said...

awesome!!

Kara Lynne said...

Great job with that controller! I love that you used foam to give it dimension. So funny that you had the paper you were looking for!

Brandi R said...

What a fun card! That paper is just PERFECT!!!!

*Vicki* said...

This is just way too clever and cool!! My son would really love this!! ;)

Becca Cruger said...

This is PERFECT for a guy's card. Love the background paper you paired with that panel and now I have to go check out that tool in one.

Dawn Louise said...

Really great card, looks fab fun and cool x

Greta said...

Very clever & cute!

Kikka Cards said...

A lovely card for a boy!
I have never seen these dies ànd stamps before

Denice said...

Your card looks just like a controller...what a great die!

I keep looking at the Tool 'n One and keep thinking it would be perfect for all those dies with intricate cuts...it's going on my "must have" list.

Marcy said...

Awesome card! I have been eyeing this die/stamp set for some time because it's just so perfect for all boys including my own who can't get enough of video games! I think this just went to the top of my MFT list! :)

MiamiKel said...

Now this literally blew my mind! This is an incredible card! So much detail and it's SPOT ON! That's so funny you had to borrow your husband's controller, LOL! This looks like an amazing tool - it's certainly an amazing card! ♥

AJ Bodine said...

Wow, that is so cool, I need to get this die, my son would love this card! Great tip on the tool, I haven't purchased one yet, not sure if I'd use it..but I think I will now! What a great job you did on this card!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh my, what a brave woman you are to have actually TOUCHED hubby's controller and used it as a model. Love the end results though. That paper is perfect for it and hey if all you ever do is buy two of the same sets of paper you are doing really good!