Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Favorite Embellishments

Hi Friends and Stampers,

It's time for a new challenge over at The Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog.  This week we want to see your favorite Embellishments.


On behalf of the Design Team, I would like to thank Stitchybear for the fabulous images they provided the Design Team.  Thank you for letting me pick mine out. 

StitchyBear

The digi image I used is Barrel.  I knew this would go perfectly with my Wine Taster Girlfriends.  So I printed out the Barrel on Copic X-Press It paper and then printed it again on regular printer paper.  I fussy cut the regular printer paper image and adhered it on the image on the Copic Paper.  Then I stamped my girlfriend images over that.  Removed the fussy cut Barrel and colored with my Copics. There are a couple things I would change about this.  First, I went to color the pants on the GF on the left and my N7 went "blob" with a huge drop of ink.  I rarely use it and yep, it's still juicy! lol.  I have a Spectrum Noir Blender pen, which in my opinion works better than Copic 0 and worked it back into the images.  Which resulted in a very dark corner of the barrel there.  2nd, I would have centered the Barrel more in the middle.   The gal on the left has the cutest boots that do not show because of the position.  3rd, my wine bottles kinda look like Ketchup and Grape juice, lol, I don't drink and buy a lot of wine. lol.  

I cut the card base using my largest Mini Album Square Scallop, and I love this card shape.  I used the smile word from my Blueprints 11.  Oh and my favorite embellishments are the acrylic dots.  Okay, right now, they are my favorite but you know, I do love all my embellishments, lol.  

Thanks so much for joining us this week, I cannot wait to see what your favorite embellishments are. 

Holly

31 comments:

Becky said...

This is fabulous. Love how you used the barrel with these ladies, it is perfect.

Virginia L. said...

Oh how FUN!! I love the bright and cheery colors that you did with this design! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

*Vicki* said...

Wow! Your coloring is fantastic Holly!! Love this cute image and your added enamel dots too! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fun card! Love the image!

AJ Bodine said...

omgosh, you combined a digi on top with that barrel, that is brilliant. Your wine bottles look great, I would never have known you covered up any copic blobs..that has happened to me too..so awful! This is just the cutest card, I love those candy dots!

Donna said...

This is so fun and colored and embellished beautifully, love it!!

Diane said...

Greetings Holly, wow your coloring is just stunning. What a marvelous image and design.

Hugs diane

Lisa Lara said...

I did not guess that barrel was a separate stamp Holly. You blended it in well. I love the girlfriends. Great coloring!

Carol L said...

Hah! This card has images of Kathy Lee, Hoda, and me! LOL Fun card with great embellishments too :)

Lee-Anne said...

Well, this is just brilliant, Holly! I love the combination of the wine barrel with the fabulous ladies! Awesome coloring too!

Pat K said...

Such a fun card Holly. I love how you added the barrel..very creative. hugs, Pat K x

Anonymous said...

What a fun card! The image is fabulously colored!

scrappymo! said...

Thanks for the tip about the spectrum noir blender pen. I will get one of those!

Your image combined with this digital image is fab. I hear you about repositioning the barrel as now I want to see those cute boots! lol

This is a wonderful card. Love the images and your design!

Greta said...

Oh too cute!

Becca Cruger said...

I really need to get me a blender pen because your coloring job is Awesomesauce! Wow!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Adorable card and what a fun image! Your colouring is beautiful!

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

That is awesome combination of stamp and digital image Holly. If I had no idea of stamp names and companies. .. I would have guessed it was all one set. Beautifully done.

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh! I absolutely adore your card! Full of life, fun details and so beautifully colored! Bravo and many thanks for visiting me ;)

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful creation with gorgeous added goodies...stunning colours too....xx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Cheri Burry said...

This is fabulous! Love the wine barrel addition! Great colouring too! Thanks for playing along over at Art Impressions in our current Challenge "Spring Colours"!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

What a great card Holly, I really like your image choice x

Kay Miller said...

Oh what a cute and fun image! You have colored it so wonderfully too! Such an adorable card!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like that you clarified that your favorite embellishment is currently the acrylic dots, because like you my favorite embellishment changes from time to time. Just think, they could run this challenge again in a couple of months and get completely different responses.

You paired that image up well with a stamp you already had. In fact, I'll bet Art Impressions is just now kicking themselves in the head and wondering why they didn't make a wine barrel image. It goes so well with the wine tasters!

Betty Wright said...

This is fabulously colored and super fun!

yyam said...

Oh wow. LOVE this...beautiful stamping work! :)

Tracy Welham said...

Great card, really fun image. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

wannabcre8tive said...

A very fun and cute card. I hope those gals don't get refills and fall off the stools. :)

Sharon Caudle said...

Sooooo CUTE!!! Love it!!! Thanks so much for joining our Spring Colors challenge at Art Impressions!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is amazing!! Your coloring is perfect!! You brought the scene to life in color!! Absolutely gorgeous card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ellen Taylor said...

Omgosh! I'll take a barrel of wine...that would make me smile as much as this card!!

Marcy said...

Super fun card and gorgeous coloring!