Friday, December 12, 2014

Crazy4Challenges (C4C266) - Winter Themed Birthday Card

Hi Friends and Stampers,

It's time for another Crazy 4 Challenges, Challenge!  I am this months Guest Designer and I am so thrilled to be in the company of these fabulous designers that I have looked up to for so long now.  I would like to thank, Frances Byrne, for inviting me to play along this month.   I feel very blessed and honored.

Okay, thinking cap on, oh wait, I got it!


OMGosh I am a big fan of the Roberto Rascal's line. They are so much fun to color and I love the little guys.  These are so perfect with my two little guys at home.  

I started off with a base of Aqua Mist from PTI.  I love the smooth heavy weight paper for a base.  I can usually find a good matchy color between PTI, Stampin Up and the MFT paper that matches their inks. Then I used a layer of Whisper White.   I'm also loving this doodlebug Frosty Friends 6X6 pad I picked up from Loves Rubberstamps!   Which is my next layer of designer paper.  My panel is based with Aqua Mist again, followed by another sheet of the Frosty Friends.  I stamped the image onto X-Press It paper and colored with my Copic Markers, Gosh I wished I wouldn't have put them all away, but the blues are BG10, BG11, BG13 and the purple colors are B69, B66, B63.  I used C1 and C00 for the dog and the pom-poms on the hat.  And W1, W0 for the ground shadow.  So I fussy cut the top of the image and left the bottom for snow.  I adhered the very bottom layer on and then popped up the little rascals head with dimensional pop dots, as well as the puppies head.  I stamped the string onto the paper and popped up the balloon with dimensionals as well.  Now finding the right purple for that balloon turned out to be another rummage through my stash.  I like a pigment ink that will cover the flat surface of the stamp, so I finally found some Versa Magic - Spring Pansy in my arsenal.  I did put a couple flags from my Blueprints 16 under this panel.  I decided it didn't need any more than that since I want to give to a little man.  And it's very timely, my Son's Birthday is the 26th, so I really needed to make this card!  

Do you ever do that thing where the Card makers family never gets a card? lol.   I am so bad!  But I am trying to get better at making my cards for real life events that involve my family.   

This is my last Guest Design Spot for the month as the Crazies are taking some time away to be with their families this Holly-Day season.  I hope you will play along with us....

Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C266.

Thanks for looking in on me and I hope you are having a blessed Holly-Day season!

Holly

3 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the image combined with those oh so cute papers. Fab card Holly!

StampOwl said...

These are one of my Favorite stamps :) ...love your card. Thanks for playing along with us this month

wannabcre8tive said...

Awww, how cute.