Saturday, March 29, 2014

Hello and Happy Camper

Hi Friends,

I am hoping to getting around to seeing everyone's creations and blogs today.  So much to get caught up on after being out of it for a few days, errr weeks.  This is the worst allergy season yet for me.  I am not sure what's worse, backed up sinus with headache and vertigo or nose running a mile a minute.   Anyhow, I should be building up some tolerance or running out of histamine soon, lol. 

I went over to the My Favorite Things Blog to check out this weeks sketch and ran into a whole lotta inspiration.  Now I've come a long ways from my beginnings where all I could do was KopyKat another persons design.  But sometimes it's so perfect, there is no need to change it.  When I saw Melody's card as the sample for the sketch I was IN LOVE!  I don't know who made up the rules that you have to change a few things, but I did change a couple things, lol.  Here is my version of her fabulous card.

 
I love this one!  But you know, I can't just KopyKat and submit it into this weeks sketch, lol.   So I did make one of my own from the sketch:
 


MFT - Roughing It (coming soon to the store)
MFT Die-namics - Happy Camper (coming soon to the store)
MFT Die-Namic Teardrop Tree
MFT Die-Namics Layered Leaves
We R Memory Keepers - 6x6 Happy Camper
Washi Tape - road
S.U. Ink Chocolate Chip
 
I guess that's not really a spare, but I was suppose to use the other shape cut out.  I watched the video after I put this together, lol. 
 
Lastly, there is a video from Jennifer McGuire with a lily tutorial.  OMGosh she has such great tips, you have to watch this video!  The tip about the painters tape alone has changed the way I am thinking about I'm going to color my smaller die-cuts with my Copics.  So I went ahead and made one from her tutorial myself.
 


 
Now you can't see the hint of glitter, but I did also use my Wink Of Stella clear pen.  I am so in love with this.  I picked it up at the Expo and now I think I have to use it on everything, lol. 
 
Okay, well that's the end of my KopyKat's and showing my sketch for this week.  I hope you are having a great day and can get inky!
 
Holly
 
 
 MFTWSC169

5 comments:

Athina said...

Beautiful work! I love it!

Melody said...

Thanks! I am so glad my card inspired you!

Amy Rohl said...

Holly, I LOVE that camper and your other two cards are just gorgeous - great take on those ladies!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards...and thanks for posting the tutorial! I saw it on MFT and meant to view, but now I will be sure to view it...I need new die ideas~ LOL...

Marcy said...

Love your take on the sketch! So creative!!! I'll have to check out that vid you mention.