Monday, January 6, 2014

Take the Plunge

Hello Friends and Stampers,

Welcome to the New Holly-Day Monday over at the Loves Rubberstamps Inspiration Blog. I know, we switched some things up, but change is good right? Speaking of change. I am so over winter and I know it's just started, but as long as I can control the season on my card, it's going to be late Spring - Early Summer, lol.

 
I had not had a chance to ink up MFT DG - Take the Plunge image before seasons changed and I was off and running on those Halloween Cards, lol. I inked her up with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored her with Copics. I used my MFT Sun Die-namics and some Summer Days 6X6 Echo Park paper. Oh, and I also used X-Press It Copic Paper and The Best Glue Ever.

I'm still working on my Water Color Copic Technique. I added blender solution to the aqua-pen I have and picked up some BG11 from acetate with my brush tip and then applied it to the bottom of my image. I like this subtle amount of color. And it's a "new to me" technique to try out, lol. I love trying out new color techniques and tend to stick with them until I'm satisfied with the way they look.

I hope everyone survived the Holly-Days and the routine is back to normal. I also hope you will join us for our New Challenge Tomorrow! There is still a few hours left to get into our current challenge which is to show us your New Year Resolutions. You also want to check out the fabulous New Items in the store!!!

Thanks for Looking in on me,

Holly

I am using this weeks MFT Sketch, first sketch of the New Year! 

MFTWSC157

15 comments:

yyam said...

Awww....so cute! Love the happy colours here!

Sue said...

Such a fabulous fun and cheery card Holly. I love the image and gorgeous sunny colours.
Sue xx

Danni said...

As much as I love the winter...I'll admit that a nice warm/hot sunny day would be awesome right now!
Love this card! So sweet and fun!

Dangina Martinez said...

She is so precious! I love that you used a summer image. I am going to pull mine out too, lol.

MaryH said...

Since we are expecting 8F in my area tonight, I loved seeing your sunny Miss going for a swim. Delightful & cheery beach colors to invoke the warmth of So. Fla, and I loved the layout. Great coloring too. TFS & becoming a new follower. Be sure to check back so you're in the running for candy. Hugs

Missy said...

This is super cute, the coloring of your image is so pretty...and thank you for putting up a fun, sunny card in the middle of this cold weather everyone is having!!! ;)

Shelby said...

Sweet image and great coloring! I definitely could go for some summer weather and pool time.

Shelby

Laura Love said...

Awww! I love this cute card - I could use some warm weather and sunshine...LOL! Still in the polar freeze here! Love this copic watercolor technique - will have to try it out!

debby4000 said...

Absolutely adorable.
luv
Debby

Heidi Brawley said...

This is so Adorable!!! my hubby got me this stamp set for Christmas when MFT had their super sidewalk sale!! I really haven't played with any of the goodies he got me for Christmas yet. Brooke is sooo excited about you picking her card as a Fave!!! She totally wants to shop and has her fingers crossed for the drawing to win!!! I bought her Spectrum Noir markers for Christmas. She was excited about those. Have a wonderful day doll!!!
hugs, Heidi

CraftyMomOf3 said...

This is ADORABLE Holly!! Super cute, bright and cheery!! EXACTLY what we need during this extreme cold!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Anonymous said...

aw, cute! so bright and summery; just what we need right now with this terribly cold spell. love your colouring.
linda

Athina said...

Oh boy! A perfect bit of sunshine for this cold weather we are getting! Just adorable!

Marcy said...

Beautiful card! I love your water color technique with copics and need to try it out. I've also been trying some water color techniques but it's a challenge for me when I'm so used to my copics!

PaperDaisies said...

What a cute card. I love how it is so bright and cheerful. Great job. Have a great weekend. Hugs Nina