Friday, October 18, 2013

Rock Star

Hi Friends and Stampers!

Happy Holly - Day Friday! It's my day to post over at the Loves Rubberstamps Inspiration Blog. Whooo Hoooo it's the weekend! What are your plans for the weekend? Whatever it is, I hope you have a Rock Star weekend!

 

I love this stamp and die set, and I have many more plans for it! My husband likes those video games with guitar hero and I have plenty of pics of those times to scrap, lol. Same with my son. I used the Distressed backgrounds block and inked it up with Grey Flannel and then stamped it off once before stamping on the blue paper. I inked up the Rock Star in Tangelo Ink. I had a silver pen from somewhere, and colored in the embosses areas of the guitar to add some dimension. I love this doodlebug paper, boys only, and it's so perfect to use with this image. What's more, I remembered I had it! lol.

Now I have to be a rock star this weekend and work, but I tell you, I have had the best day today that it makes up for it. I'm still in my Jammies and I've had the oldies music cranking and I've just made cards and drank coffee, lol. I feel so spoiled but I love being relaxed and having mojo all at the same time.

So while I am working, I hope you will get inky and join us for our current challenge-Fall Leaves or Pumpkins! You will also want to see the NEW ITEMS that Laura has been busy adding to the store!
 
Thanks for Looking and for your kind Comments.
 
Holly
 
I'm using this weeks MFT Sketch
 

14 comments:

Tracey said...

Loving this Holly! Awesome card!!

Sue said...

This is fabulous Holly, such a great design and I love the colours.
I hope you have a good weekend
Sue xx

Unknown said...

Holly such a great card! The guitar paper is adorable! :-) Laura

Sharon said...

Fabulous card Holly. I too love the image.
Have a lovey weekend.
Hugs Sharon. x

Tracy said...

That's one rockin card Holly. :-) Couldn't resist. Really great design. I like to craft in my jammies too. LOL Hugs!

Laura Love said...

Sounds like a perfectly Rockin Day! I love the 80's music too :D Sounds like a great time you had which you totally deserved! Very cute card! LOVE that Designer paper - it is perfect!

Athina said...

How adorable Holly! I like the way the guitar is offset!

Tress said...

Very cool card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super fun card Holly! Great mix of patterned paper and die cuts! Thanks for joining along with MFT :)

~Tammy~ said...

Totally fun! I love love the colors!

*Vicki* said...

And this card really ROCKS Holly! :) Love that fun paper to go with your guitar! HUGS :)

yyam said...

Super fun card! Pretty cool to be jamming in your jammies! ;)

Shanna Shands said...

I want to get back into the MFT thing :) I need to start playing the sketches and doing the hops again!

Marcy said...

Very cool card and nice take on the sketch! The papers are so perfect too!