Friday, August 2, 2013

Nosey Hollis!



 
Hello Friends and Stampers,
 
Hope you are enjoying this Friday.  Better yet, hope you have some great weekend plans!  Today is a Happy Holly-Day over at Loves Rubberstamps Inspiration Blog.  I have used Art Impressions Hollis, from the Front and Backs collection.  Laura has not stocked these yet, but if you are interested in ordering them, feel free to send her an email and she will let you know when you can expect them.    I had such a great time with our Current Challenge - 4X9 cards, that I decided to make another one!  At first I thought I wouldn't like making a card any other size than my standard 4 1/4 X 5 1/2, but as it turns out, I love it and I may even do it again and again, lol.  
 
Actually I thought about this stamp because I thought using a cute scene around him would be fun.  So I searched high and low in my stashes of stamps.  Here and There and Everywhere.  I have them separated into categories now, lol.   So I dug through the stash a few times and then finally remembered I had mounted him up and placed him with some of the other girlfriends stamps that are ready for me to use.  In the meantime though, I found a few neglected stamps that I intend on using later on this month, lol.   I know, I know, I am hopeless. 
 
So I stamped him up in my Memento Black ink onto the one layer and then stamped him again on scratch paper and fussy cut that out.  Then I placed that over the original image and airbrushed the sky and ground.  Then I colored him up front and back and fussy cut the back image to put on the inside of the card.  Then I used the dies and arranged the scene on top of that.  I love making scenes on my cards, it's a lot of fun.  It brought him right to life. 
 
I also like being able to use things from three different companies.  That is a big plus being a designer at Loves Rubberstamps.  If you are looking to be on a Design Team, send Laura a quick email because at the end of this week, we are going to pick three designers to join us for the fall term, see all the details here.  Design Team Call!!!   And if the big commitment scares you, remember we are looking for GDT members to join us for each month! 

Thanks for Looking and for your kind Comments!

Holly

Simon Says Sunshine

9 comments:

Sue said...

This is fabulous Holly. I love the image, your colouring is wonderful and the sky looks brilliant too.
Sue xx

Karen Motz said...

This is adorable! I love the front and back image! So fun!

*Vicki* said...

This is too cute Holly! Love the front with the scene and the inside with the back of him! LOL!! :)

Dan said...

What a fun card! Having the front and back view of him is genius! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Tress said...

Hehe! This card makes me giggle! Love the scene you created...that sky is amazing!

Shelby said...

Very cool card! Love the different size and the scene you've created is fantastic.

Shelby

Marcy said...

Such a fun card and your coloring and background is so beautiful!

Athina said...

I need to come here daily! You have made me smile again! Very cute!

wannabcre8tive said...

I am loving this one. A cute image and so well colored.