Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring Fling





Hello and Welcome to the All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge post.  It's time for a New Challenge, so show us your Flowers, Bunnies, Eggs, and anything that represents Spring to you.  Today I am using the adorable CC Design Sweet November Josie's Brella.  Along with a CC cutters four seasons fence die.  I hope you have an opportunity to play along in this Challenge that is running for the next two weeks! 

 I colored Josie up with my Copic Markers, fussy cut her out, created this scene with my designer papers and fence cut out and then stamped the image again on the paper and glued her down.  I have several 6X6 books that I have taken so much paper out of, they kinda fell apart and have been mixing together, so I am sorry, I cannot "name that paper" lol.  They are from my stash and I loved the spring colors.  I flipped the Sweet Sunday Sketch around and it was perfect for this scene. 

I have two Orange Tree's and a Grapefruit tree out back.  The Orange blossoms are blooming and OMGosh the smell is intoxicating.  We have bees that have created a hive in our old cement fence and they love these trees and the trees love the bee's.  So we just kinda steer clear of that area this time of year, lol.  But every winter just before Christmas, I get A LOT of the sweetest California Oranges I could ask for.  Some of the neighbors have caught on and they also get their share of our Oranges.   One of these days, I'm going to get around to planting some Apricot trees back there. A few years ago we planted a fruitless plum because Pink blossoms and Purple leaves make me happy.  Well if you ever had a fruitless Plum, you would know that they are not entirely fruitless.  We get baby plums that fall off pretty easy.  I am not sure why, but my dogs love this fruit that falls from the tree and you can imagine the little messes I find, lol. 

Are you planting this Spring?  Enjoying the new blooms and the allergies that go along with them? lol.  I hope you can find something beautiful blooming around you. 

Thanks for Looking and for your kind Comments!

Holly

12 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Holly. I love that sweet image. The papers and colours are so beautiful.
hugs Sue xx

Curt in Indy said...

What a sweet,colorful card! The image is really cute! Your fruit trees sound like heaven. I can just imagine the smell of the blossoms. Hope you are well! Best, Curt

Natascha said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the flower paper.

Danni said...

How adorable! Very cute little scene!
Your fruit trees sound fab!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card Holly! Great mix of cheerful paper with the sweet image :)

Amber Milone said...

I love your card this week Holly! Of course I love your cards every week. You are so tallented! Super great backdrop for this image! Absolutely adorable.

Tress said...

Adorable card! Love the scene you've created with the patterned paper and die cut fence!

Ellen Taylor said...

Sweet card Holly! Adorable image and colored so beautifully! Fab design to girl!!

Laura Love said...

Ahhh I wish we could have orange trees, grapefruit trees, plum trees, any kind of trees! LOL! Though I don't think I would want our puppies eating the fruits that fall off...LOL - don't like those messes :D Your card is super cute and just screams Spring! We had ONE teaser day of close to 70 and now we are back in the freezer for another week at least...bummer! LOL!

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Shanna Shands said...

Cute spring like card Holly!

wannabcre8tive said...

A really cute card, I love the spring flower and papers.
I like Spring so I guess that is why this reminds me of it.