Sunday, January 13, 2013

Let's Have A .... Shhhhhh




Hi Everyone,

I made this one just for fun.  Well, I made it for my Dad's surprise Birthday Party in March.  My Step-Mother is having a surprise party for him, which means a Pow-Wow for the chief, lol.  And yes, he is American Indian and loves to wear his regalia and she is just as white as the driven snow, so I thought this image would be perfect for this.

I want to send a special shout out and Thank You to Laura from Little Inkers Designs, who searched through her inventory until she found a hidden set.  I had messaged her earlier inquiring about when she would be getting these in again, she thought it would not be until next fall.  But then she found one and emailed me right away.  I think that is so awesome that she remembered I wanted one.  So Thank you!!! I hope you have a minute to go check out the Little Inkers Store, there are some really cute stamps over there!!!  The Cute Cottage images are just too hard to resist.

For this invite, I used Crate Paper - Farmhouse from my stash!!!  lol.  I  have to keep saying when I use my stash so I can convince myself I can go buy more paper, lol.   I also used the sentiment from MFT's P.I. Indian Girl that Laura from Loves Rubberstamps has in her store.  As well as the rickrack border die from MFT's and the Circle dies.  I inked up these images with Memento Black Tuxedo and colored with my copics.  I had them on my desk ready to list and then I had a cave in from my stacks, so I thought I would put them up in my pencil keeper to make some room.  I so need to clear off this desk, lol.  But I have this theory that all this clutter gives me mojo and if I clear it off too much, I will lose that, lol.  So as to not jinx myself, I won't straighten it out too much, lol.

I am using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, I just love her sketches and the fact that they run two weeks long!

Okay, Thanks for Looking and for your kind Comments!!!

Holly

12 comments:

Laura Love said...

Awww! That is so nice that she was able to find you that set because it is PERFECT for your Dad's surprise party! You colored it perfectly as always! You amaze me with your ability to always find the perfect sketch to use! Awesome job :)

Marcy said...

This card is perfect!!! You did an amazing job as always. Happy Birthday to your Dad! :)

Krafty Kows said...

Fab card. Love the colours. Jeanette

Athina said...

Holly, what a cute story and I am sure your dad will love this card, it is so cute and a bit manly!

Unknown said...

I love it! And yes, adorable story. My grandfather was American Indian, I may need this stamp! :) I miss you tons and can't wait to catch up soon. :) Have a great week, my friend!

Tress said...

So cute! And such a perfect image for the invite! Would love to see a photo of your Dad all dressed up!

Dangina Martinez said...

So sweet. I'm sure he'll love it. Gorgeous coloring.
Hugs, Dangina

CASTOWNE said...

So glad you were able to get this PERFECT image for your Dad's birthday party. (Hope he doesn't read your blog, or it won't be a surprise any more!)

Your Dad and Step-Mom are going to love it...so thoughtful and beautifully-colored.

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Holly!

Ivonne said...

Your card is so cute Holly, I am sure your dad will LOVE it! Hugs, Ivonne

Cheryl said...

So cute! It sounds like this is the perfect image for the occasion. Your coloring is wonderful. I love the papers you used.

yyam said...

Love the sentiment. Beautiful colouring as always! Happy week ahead! :)