Thursday, September 20, 2012

Singing in the Rain.....



OMGosh can you imagine actually seeing some guy do this on a street corner?  lol.  They would come haul him off for sure.  We are serious people, not happy singing people, lol.  You want to sing?  Go to Glee! lol.  This is my Inspiration Friday post for Loves Rubberstamps.  I am keeping with the Challenge theme this week to make your own background.  I airbrushed the clouds, again, but I do like the effect, I also airbrushed the sidewalk.  I just picked up this fabulous paper, Autumn Spice By Lilybee Design.  And I used it!  Whoot.  That's two in a row, I am on a no-hoarding it roll!!!  lol.  And the button is a "Man" button and I used "Suede" cardfloss with it. lol.  This adorable image is a Krafin Kimmie called Gene, from the Hollywood collection that Laura carries in her store.  I love challenging myself to do Man and Boy cards, I just don't see a lot of them out there.  So this is for all the men out there....even the happy singing ones, lol.   Do you know, my DH sings like a rock star in the car on his way to work and back, lol.  I love it when he sings.

And while we are on the subject of Laura, I do want to tell you all that she is a great person to design for and I'm in her Design Team for as long as she will put up with me, lol.  She is very generous with the DT discount, and still treats you like a customer when you order.  She asks for input and let's you know about her plans way in advance, so you have time to adjust your designs.  I nag her for this and that and she looks for the product and then let's me know when she can add it or when about she might be able to add it.  She has a growing inventory and I love almost every stamp in her store!!!  How great is that!  She is very encouraging and explains things well.  Her DT call is going on right now, run - run fast and sign up, you will never regret it.  And do not let the digi thing throw you off, if I can print a digi, anyone can. lol. 

I also made this for the Kraftin Kimie Sketch Challenge this week.

Copic List: E0000, E000, E00, E21, E23, E25, E27, E31, E33, E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, Y01, Y00, N7, N6, N5, N4.

Thanks for Looking and for all your kind Comments!

Holly



11 comments:

Tress said...

Lol, you are correct about the guy being hauled off if he was singing and dancing on the street corner. Even in the movie, the cop wasn't sure he shouldn't haul Gene Kelly's character in! Great card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful card Holly! You did a super job coloring the "Gene Kelly" image! What a hoot it would be to see a man dancing in the rain! :) Thanks for the visual! :) LOL

Laura said...

Love the clean layout on this, and what a funny image! Great card! I wish I could try out for Laura's team (and I would love to team up with you!), but I just don't think I can commit right now. :( I'm hoping she'll have another call after the new year...

Laura Love said...

This is AWESOME Holly! You did an incredible job with your scene. The sidewalk looks so cool airbrushed. I giggled with all your "manly" embellishments - that IS so important :) Your husband and my husband need to get together... mine is the BEST air drummer (does it constantly in the car!) In fact, I have told him he needs to go out for the National Air Drummer Competition because he would totally win :D We could stamp and they could pretend they are in a rock band - LOL!

And in response to Laura's comment above... Yes we will have another call for the January through March Design Team session - would LOVE to have you apply when you are able too :)

And Holly...you are on my team for life girl! Just so ya know! LOL!

Kim O'Connell said...

What a fnu scene you've created and the PP is perfect! Thanks for playing along with the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps challenge!

Kim said...

You did a super fantastic job with the scene!! And Gene is one of my favourites!! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!

Sharon Caudle said...

LOOOVE this card, Holly! You've colored him perfectly and made an awesome card for a guy! Thanks so much for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie! I always love seeing what you come up with!
hugs, Sharon

Ellen Taylor said...

Awesome card Holly! Love that image and your fabby coloring! I adore old musicals but will curse you all day because I am going to have that song stuck in my head all day!LOL :)

Shelby said...

This is such a fun stamp and love when you airbrush on your images...always looks perfect.

Shelby

yyam said...

*lol* So cute! :)
I love how you airbrushed the background! :)

Nelle said...

Thank you soooo much for your sweet comment in my blog!
The bridge is manufactured by Prima.

Love the background on your card!
Hugs, Nelle