Sunday, September 30, 2012

Lil Pumpkin


Wow, this weeks sketch was a brain twister.  I am not sure if it's the sketch, my brain, or the dp I was using, lol.  It was like putting together a puzzle and I was just hoping all the pieces would fit.  And I was hoping the color combinations would work.....yeah, they do. 

Doesn't she remind you of the 2 1/2 year old who is determined to pick up and carry a pumpkin that outweighs her?   I so remember this age and it cracks me up.  The determination and shear stubbornness to "do it myself".  When my middle son was 2, he carried a 10 pound sack of potatoes up a flight of stairs.  He was my Bam-Bam for sure.  My daughter used to pick up big things to carry and because she was so slight, it would tip her over, lol.  My youngest son would figure out how to get it from point A to point B, by either log rolling it or talking someone else into doing it, lol. 

Have you seen the MFT's Laura is carrying in her store, Loves Rubberstamps?  She just added a few and can get mostly anyone you are looking for you, but you just gotta ask by emailing her.  She is also carrying these fabulous die-namics and Memento inks.  My favorite adhesive for laying these dies down is The Best Glue Ever!  Plus there are loads of other Stamps, Dies, and Goodies in her store, all in one fell swoop! 

The paper I am using today is Echo Park Chillingsworth Manor.  I love this DP!!!  Heck, I love all the dp, lol, who am I kidding?  I paired it with some off brand white for layering, SU Kraft and SU black.  I've got some MFT paper and some new Bazil Paper Card Stock I am hoarding away, lol.  I need to break these out and use them to see if I like them, but there is just like a page or two of each color, so I am reluctant to use them up.  What if I love them?  Then I will HAVE to order more and I will HAVE to wait til it gets here.  You are laughing because you know exactly what I mean, lol. 

The copics I used today are: E0000, E000, E00, E21, E93, E33, E31, C7, C5, C3, YR24, YR23, YR20, YR31, YR27, TG99, YG95, YG93. 

Thanks for looking and I hope you have a great day!

Holly

11 comments:

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Holly! Love your colouring!!

Karen Motz said...

Cute cute CUTE!! All the pieces fell into place perfectly here!

Tress said...

So cute! Love the paper piecing! And you are correct about paper hoarding, lol.

Sue said...

Awwww this is gorgeous Holly, such a delightful image and I love those papers and colours

Sue

Katie Skiff said...

aH - that is sooooo stinking cute!! I love your image!! WOW!! Happy Monday Holly!!

Dangina Martinez said...

Fabulous! Love your design and pretty color combo.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh dear Holly, this card is adorable! You did such a terrific job coloring the sweet PI image and I love you selection of patterned papers! Thanks for joining along with MFT :)

Nancy Thomas said...

This is completely adorable - love the papers you chose to pair up with that sweet image.

yyam said...

Ahhhh...beautiful colouring. I love her paper-pieced dress too. :)

Olivia said...

You did such a fab job with this sketch and the sweet image! Yeah...

Ellen Taylor said...

patterned paper messes with my mind too!~LOL I collect it and hardly ever use it. Your card turned out fantastic! Your papers are working with this wonderful sketch!~Sweet image!