Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Go Tea Go!


Ackkk, I do not like this.  I feel like it might be a cheering section for tea.  I made it in record time for tomorrow's  deadline for the MFT's weekly sketch challenge.  I haven't missed on this year, but I came close.  Instead I sacrificed a couple hours of sleep, lol.  Tomorrow is os going to suck, lol.  But in the name of art, I felt I needed to do something for myself.  I studied all day long for my ACLS renewal on Wednesday.  It's an all day test and it's been a few years now since my E.R. days.....so I HAD to study.  I still have a few algorithms to memorize and some things to look back on and refresh, but overall I am ready and the on line testing said I got 95%.  Yes, I am seriously anal about testing and am a bit miffed I did not get 100% after all those hours of studying, but let's just hope I pass the Real McCoy on Wednesday.  Plus, written test is one thing, the Mega Code stations are another.  I do not need this for my current position in nursing, but it sure helps to stay on top of your game and be able to save a life if the need arises.

Anyhooo, it is late, lol.  I do not like the way this turned out so much.  I don't hate it, but I think the balance is off or the image just didn't pop enough, or maybe I should have reconsidered the colors I used for the tea cup.  Theoretically this should have worked, but it doesn't.  But it's done and I feel better having it done. 

You know what really makes me happy though?  This set is now available as a pre-order at Loves Rubberstamps!!!  Whoo Hoo!!!!  The stamps and the dies in combo.  I love this.  So be sure to pop on by and see all the pre-order MFT's dies and current stamps there are in the store. 

Thanks for reading my rambling!

Holly

4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

I loved reading this post - you are soo funny. I hope you were ok after missing sleep and I am sure tea loves to have you in its cheering section. LOL! Cute card - don't know why you wouldn't love it. Super embossing and colors. Hugz!

Tress said...

Good luck tomorrow! I can totally relate to your comments about testing! As for the card...well...you are correct...the image looks a bit wonky. The brown appears to be throwing things off. If you cover up the image, the rest of the card looks fabulous, lol.

Katie Skiff said...

I felt the same way about my card. LAME. lol.. I do love your colors on this card. That triangle was just a bugger to work with!! You did great!!

Shelby said...

Good luck on your exam tomorrow and I hope you get 100%!
Love the flowered paper you've used and the banner/pendant looks wonderful.

Shelby