Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Pied Piper




Jeep was in this years school play. They had two performances today. The three o'clock performance with the hat on and the Seven o' clock performance with the hat off. I asked him why he didn't wear his hat the second time and you know what he said, "I didn't want to, so I asked the director if he would hang on to it for me. I got too hot." lol. He kills me.
This was a long week for him with auditions on monday and rehearsal every day after school until 6:30 and 7:30 pm. And they had rehearsal this morning before they 3pm show and then back to school again this evening for the second showing. What a trooper he was. None of his friends or class mates auditioned. It was just something he wanted to do.
I turned all stage Mom during the auditions too. lol. At the end of the auditions, they were asked to turn to a neighbor and make up a story with characters on an Island. Girls on either side would not include him in on their stories. I had to wait until the director was not looking and the teacher was busy, and then I ran up to him and told him to start talking to himself. He said, "I can't do that!" And I said, "How bad do you want to be in the play?" And so he started talking to himself and the director turned around and saw what he was doing AND he got to be in the play, lol. This age group is so funny. The boys like the girls and the girls like the boys, but neither of them are going to treat each other like they do, okay? lol.
We had a great time tonight. Oh and he is the one in the purple shirt.

1 comment:

ChristineCreations said...

Proud mama moments :) Good for him! And I bet it was worth it all!